WOD Nation coach Barry from CrossFit Chiang Mai…
Today we’re going to discuss how to use the WOD Nation resistance band to progress with our pull ups. Many athletes cannot do a full pull up on their own so we use the resistance bands as a way to assist our athletes in CrossFit.
The first thing we need to do is to choose the right weight of band. TAKE A LOOK AT WOD NATION RESISTANCE BANDS HERE .
You want to choose a band that « assists » you, not one that does the pull up for you. The lighter the band, the less assistance you will be getting.
1. Choose the proper resistance band
2. Loop the light or heavy resistance band over the pull up bar
3. Have a coach help you get the band on your foot and hook the other foot over the top of the exercise band
4. Engage the lats, rhomboid and the scapula to do as many pull ups as you can.
5. Be sure to get a full range of motion.
We suggest you do this exercise as close to daily as possible. When you can do 10 full pull ups with one band, its time to move to a lighter band.
pull up workout
pull up beginner
pull up crossfit .